Topic: Work Health & Safety Course for WHS Legislation
The Work Health & Safety Legislation course has been developed to provide business owners and their workers with an overview of the Harmonised WHS Act, WHS Regulations and approved Codes of Practice.
- Introduction to the Work Health & Safety legislative framework (in NSW,Qld, ACT, SA, NT, Tas, Commonwealth and NZ.)
- Key definitions
- Health and safety duties
- Due Diligence
- Reasonably practicable
- Consultation, representation and participation
- Incident notification
- Codes of Practice
3 hours (Includes a short break for light refreshments) Attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
On completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Understand key elements of the WHS Act and Regulations
- Describe the health and safety duties of business owners (PCBU’s), officers, workers and others
- Demonstrate knowledge of Due Diligence and Duty of Care
- Understand the Risk Management approach to workplace safety legislation
- Outline consultation mechanisms and their practical implementation in a workplace
- Identify and respond effectively to Notifiable Incidents.
Safety Makers periodically conducts this course, open to the general public throughout the Northern Rivers NSW and SE Queensland region. Bookings and secure payment (PayPal) is available for Public Courses via our website, or by contacting us directly. Public Courses may be scheduled upon expression of interest/enquiries in any region within Australia.
On-Site Course Delivery
Safety Makers can deliver courses on-site at your workplace. A useful and cost-effective option for internal staff training. Our qualified and experienced trainers can tailor course delivery to enable targeted professional development for your work force. These courses can be tailored for delivery in any State in Australia.
Contact the Safety Makers team directly to register for a public course or make an enquiry for on-site course delivery.
Info Line: 0448 27 32 32